1) Tron didn't get nominated for visual effects. Whaa.....? At least it did get nominated for sound editing, though. The Academy Award-nominated film Tron: Legacy!
2) I'm sorry, I know it gives her a better shot, but Hailee Steinfeld for supporting actress is ridiculous. She's in almost every scene. The movie is about her character. SHE'S THE ONE WITH TRUE GRIT. I don't care that she's 14; she should be up for lead.
3) Haha one guy from The Social Network, you didn't get nominated for supporting actor HAHAHAHA.
4) Also, in general, The Social Network is that movie that I inexplicably hate without ever seeing for this year (there's always at least one), so I was pleased it did not get the most nominations. Also, it lost the PGA to The King's Speech, which did lead the nominations. I hope this to be a harbinger of things to come. Because TKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TSN.
5) YEAH JOHN HAWKES YOU GET THAT NOMINATION HE WAS A JEWISH BANKER ON DEADWOOD HE HAS BIDNESS TO DO AND THAT BIDNESS BETTER BE TO WIN SOME OSCARS.
6) (Unless Geoffrey Rush would rather win that supporting actor nomination. That would work, too. I actually saw his movie and performance, so. I just...don't want Christian Bale to win? IDKW.)
7) The King's Speech for cinematography! The Coens for directing! Inception for sound design! True Grit for costumes! I'm still pissed that Carter Burwell's score for True Grit was disqualified. WHO CARES THAT IT WAS BASED ON OLD HYMNS. IS THAT REALLY ALL WE THINK FILM COMPOSITION BOILS DOWN TO, THE MELODY?! YOU, PEOPLE WHO DISQUALIFY THE BEST SCORES EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. ARE NOTHING BUT BALLS. GIANT BAGS OF SWEATY, GROSS BALLS.
8) I miss when Cate was nominated every year. :(